Thursday 12 January 2012

Lesson 1 - Paper Piecing

Todays lesson is one of my favourite techniques - Paper Piecing.

Paper Piecing is a great way to add pattern and texture to your papercraft projects, get extra mileage from your stamps and use up all your tiny paper scraps! It's also a great way to get professional looking coloured images if you aren't very confident with Markers or Pencils or even just to get a different look.

This is the card I made for this weeks lesson...

My lovely Design Team have also contributed some paper pieced cards to give you some more ideas, so here is some more inspiration...
Thank you for joining us for this weeks lesson, if you would like to share your paper pieced projects please leave us your links or post them over on my Facebook page, we'd love to see, and we will share some of them in a future inspiration post :o)

We hope you'll pop back next week when Jaine will have Lesson 2 for you. Don't forget the Crafty Kids Academy lesson will be up tomorrow, just in time for the weekend! 

Sarah x

4 comments:

  1. beautiful projects and great ideas to use up scraps!! :-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab lesson - thank you! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, thanks. I know I shouldn't but for me, Melly's is the best - I love the boy's shirt and the papers are great. The others are obviously very clever too.
    It's another technique I haven't tried properly other than being shown on demos. I'm not brave enough probably :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great lesson sorry I'm so behind... The "illness" strikes again. Catching up in bed.
    Looking forward to lesson 2 :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete